Apply For Service
An application for service is an agreement to pay for services.
- Commercial Service – A building structure primarily used for the purpose of conducting a business.This includes private or small business entities, non-profit organizations, corporations, homeowner associations, limited liability corporations, etc. Please print and sign completed applications. Submit to Customer Service by email at CustomerService@awwu.biz or by fax at 907-562-0702.
- Residential Service - Single Family – A single detached dwelling or free-standing building structure used for residential purposes. This includes structures with an attached accessory dwelling unit or “mother-in-law” apartment.
- Residential Service - Duplex or Triplex – A dwelling having separate entrances for two or three individual and distinct residential living units.
- Residential Service - Four or More Units – A dwelling having four or more individual and distinct apartments or residential living units.
- Life Support Alert Program – AWWU may extend the time to correct payment delinquency if it is determined the dwelling's service is for a person who is seriously ill, elderly, handicapped, or dependent on water for life support systems or equipment. To determine eligibility, a Life Support Alert Program form must be completed.
- The form cannot be submitted through the website. Completed forms may be submitted to our office in-person, by fax at (907) 564-0702, or via e-mail to: CustomerService@awwu.biz.
- The qualifying medical condition must be certified by a licensed medical professional. NOTE: specific and/or protected diagnosis or health information is not required.
- Septage Hauler – Commercial operations that pump liquid waste, which transport and discharge the liquid waste into the public sewer system. This includes, but is not limited to septic tank waste.
There are two designated sites in Anchorage for discharges:
- South Anchorage at King Street & 94th Court; and
- East Anchorage on Turpin Street Access
- Septic Haulers pay a monthly customer charge, plus a usage charge, of the estimated discharge per trip. Estimated discharges are calculated at 87% of tank capacity. When seasonal weight restrictions are in place, the estimated discharge is calculated at 50% of tank capacity.
- Landlord Agreement – This agreement allows owners to keep a building's Utility services current, should there be a change with the property's tenants.
- Temporary Service – A fee will be charged for turning water service on and off temporarily.
- Would you like to end your current residential or commercial service?