Timothy M. Sullivan Sr.
Vice Chair / Oct. 2022
Terrence Tauschek D.D.S.
The AWWU Board of Directors is established by Title 4 of the Anchorage Municipal Code. Their duties are to consider issues of substance for AWWU operations, and make recommendations to the Mayor and Assembly on infrastructure asset management, Utility finances, ratemaking, and other Utility policies.
AWWU’s seven board members are appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Anchorage Assembly. Board membership is limited to residents and registered voters in the Municipality of Anchorage. At least five shall be AWWU customers.
- One member shall be in good standing with the Alaska Bar with experience in utility matters;
- One member shall be a registered professional engineer in Alaska with experience in utility matters;
- One member shall have experience in finance, accounting, or business administration with experience in utility matters;
- One member shall be a public health professional;
- One member shall be an AWWU employee from a Utility bargaining unit; and
- Two members shall be from the public at large.
Board appointees serve staggered terms. Each director’s term expiration is listed below their photo above. Each member’s bio is available be clicking their photo or name.
Regular meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 12 noon at the AWWU Headquarters, 3000 Arctic Boulevard, in the basement conference room unless otherwise noted. The public is invited to attend.
For more information and to confirm meeting location, contact the AWWU General Manager Office at (907) 786-5502.