Anchorage Water & Wastewater Utility is a department of the Municipality of Anchorage with close to a 300 employee workforce, who provide Anchorage with safe and reliable drinking water and wastewater services 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. The Utility’s General Manager, Mark Corsentino, P.E., is responsible for its overall operations, and provides leadership and direction for seven divisions.
- Administrative Services Division provides managerial support, such as safety and security, training and development, public affairs, courier service, and emergency readiness should the need to activate the Utility’s Emergency Operations Center occur, as well as oversees Utility’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Pre-Bid Compliance Program.
- Customer Service Division is responsible for accurate billing, collection, and meter reading for both water and wastewater customer accounts. It also manages backflow prevention, permitting, and construction inspection, including Utility locates and emergency dispatch services for Anchorage, Eagle River, northern communities, and Girdwood.
- Finance Division is responsible for all accounting, preparation of Utility budgets, financial statements, and regulatory filings for both the Water and Wastewater Utility.
- Engineering Division is responsible for development and execution of AWWU’s capital program and for system planning.
- Information Technology Division provides administration and support for all of AWWU’s computers, network, and application systems.
- Operations and Maintenance Division maintains AWWU’s treatment facilities and repairs all water and sewer piping, as well as its lift stations, and, in addition, is responsible for the Utility’s remote monitoring controls, or Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Treatment Division is responsible for day-to-day operation of the treatment facilities and water distribution system and for maintaining compliance with all state and federal regulations.