AWWU is committed to being a responsible steward of ratepayer funds to provide continued safe and reliable service now and into the future. Part of that commitment is ensuring Utility finances are consistent, transparent, and accurate.
- AWWU operates financially as two separate entities: the Anchorage Water Utility (AWU) and the Anchorage Wastewater Utility (ASU).
- AWWU is economically regulated by the State of Alaska, currently through the Regulatory Commission of Alaska (RCA).
- To ensure finances are recorded consistently and accurately there are several provisions AWWU must follow and apply.
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- State and Municipal regulations.
- There are several reporting requirements and tools AWWU uses to be transparent with its finances and financial planning.
- Audited Financial Statements
- RCA Annual Report
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Equity Management Plan
AWWU's financial health enables continued safe and reliable service.
For a breakdown of the cost of utility services, click here.